According to legend, when Masanori Fukushima was lord of the Hiroshima Castle, flood damage to the embankment was prevented by burying eight celebrated swords as substitutes for human sacrifice (immolation).Built in 1617, the shrine is the only historical relic in this area that remains of Masanori's reign.
【What's Futabanosato Historical Walking Trail ?】
The history of Hiroshima began more than 400 years ago during the Period of Warring States, when Terumoto Mori built a castle on a delta and named the area "Hiroshima".
Successive lords Terumoto Mori, Masanori Fukushima and the Asano clan erected shrines and temples to the northeast of the castle, in the Futabanosato area, in order to defend the domain.
Some historical shrines and temples on the Walking Trail, which has a long history going back 1000 years, were burned to ashes in the atomic bombing. However, these were rebuilt, and convey the history of our ancestors to this day.