Jodo-shin Buddhist temple, converted in 1533 from a Tendai Buddhist temple.It was burned down by fire in 1758, but rebuilt in 1788. The main hall tilts as a result of the atomic bomb's blast wave, but is still in good condition.350-year-old giant ginkgo tree pierces the roof of the temple Gate.
【What's Futabanosato Historical Walking Trail ?】
The history of Hiroshima began more than 400 years ago during the Period of Warring States, when Terumoto Mori built a castle on a delta and named the area "Hiroshima".
Successive lords Terumoto Mori, Masanori Fukushima and the Asano clan erected shrines and temples to the northeast of the castle, in the Futabanosato area, in order to defend the domain.
Some historical shrines and temples on the Walking Trail, which has a long history going back 1000 years, were burned to ashes in the atomic bombing. However, these were rebuilt, and convey the history of our ancestors to this day.