Temple dedicated to Saizo Kani, retainer of Masanori Fukushima. Students hoping to pass examinations, as well as their parents, continue to visit and offer miso (soybean paste) to the head of the image of the Miso Jizo (guardian deity) associated with Saizo.The image of the Miso Jizo to which school examination-related prayers are offered is famous. The stone image of Saizo Kani was built in November 2004.
【What's Futabanosato Historical Walking Trail ?】
The history of Hiroshima began more than 400 years ago during the Period of Warring States, when Terumoto Mori built a castle on a delta and named the area "Hiroshima".
Successive lords Terumoto Mori, Masanori Fukushima and the Asano clan erected shrines and temples to the northeast of the castle, in the Futabanosato area, in order to defend the domain.
Some historical shrines and temples on the Walking Trail, which has a long history going back 1000 years, were burned to ashes in the atomic bombing. However, these were rebuilt, and convey the history of our ancestors to this day.